The Mausoleum is located 0.5km to the
north-northeast of the Garan area.
This mausoleum for the Tokugawa family was built in 1643 by Iemitsu Tokugawa, the third Tokugawa shogun, who devoted twenty years to its construction.
The two mausoleums are separated with Sukibei or a lattice-windowed wall.
To the right is the mausoleum of the first Tokugawa shogun, Ieyasu and on the left is the mausoleum of Hidetada, the second shogun.
The outside is built of unfinished wood and the inside is decorated in gold and silver leaf, reminiscent of the Toshogu Shrine in Nikko, which is one component of the World Heritage site, “Temples and Shrines of Nikko”.
From Koyasan station of the Nankai Koya line, it takes about 10 minutes to Namikirifudo-mae bus stop.(Y.N)